Independent domestic violence advisor
Idva training to meet your needs
Our Idva training course is for Idvas, domestic abuse practitioners and service managers with a caseload. The course will help you enhance your practical knowledge, helping you provide the best possible support for domestic abuse victims, survivors and their children.
The training is supported by relevant specialists from many different fields, including the criminal justice system, family law, child protection, sexual assault referral centres (Sarcs) and housing services.
98% of learners told us they felt more confident in their role after receiving our Idva training
The course will support you to:
- help victims and their children feel safer through the provision of a quality Idva response
- develop your confidence and skills through group work, coaching and one-to-one feedback sessions
- share experience and best practice with other Idva learners
- improve practice within your service
Foundation level training
Block 1: 30th Jan – 1st Feb
Block 2: 6 – 8th March
Block 3: 10 – 12th April
Block 4: 8 – 10th May
Block 1: 13 – 15th March
Block 2: 10 – 12th April
Block 3: 15 – 17th May
Block 4: 12 – 14th June
These courses are now full. To be placed on the waiting list, and kept updated on future courses, please register your interest.
Expert level training
We don't currently have any dates available for Idva Expert training but please register your interest for future courses and we'll keep you updated.
Find out more
- Foundation or Expert level - what course is right for me?
- FAQs including What is the time commitment?
- Terms and conditions
For queries about eligibility, pricing or any other questions, call our training team on 0117 403 3224 or email email@example.com