1. About Us
Our website (www.safelives.org.uk) (the “Site”) is operated by SafeLives, a charity registered in England and Wales with Charity No. 1106864 and its registered address Suite 2a, Whitefriars, Lewins Mead, Bristol BS1 2NT (“we” or “us”). SafeLives is the data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
3. What personal data of yours might we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information you give Us. This is information you give us about you for example when you fill in a form or create an account on the Site, or subscribe to any newsletters or services provided via the Site. It includes information you provide when you correspond with us by phone or email, participate in a survey, discussion boards, share your Marac performance data, share data via our social media functions, enter a competition or promotion, give us feedback or when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number or your username.
- Information We collect about you. When you use the Site, we will automatically collect the following information: technical information about how you access the Site, including the type of mobile, tablet or computer (‘Device’) you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, the mobile phone number used by the Device), your IP address, mobile network information, Internet Service Provider, your operating system and platform, the version and type of browser/platform you use, your browser plug-in type and version, and your time zone setting;
- technical information about your use of the Site, including page views, the length of your visit to the Site or to certain pages, the resources that you access on the Site, download errors, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), the full URL and clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), referral source/exit pages and methods used to browse away from Site.
5. How we use your personal data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to manage, improve and administer our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- if you have consented, to send you newsletters, surveys and other communications. If you complete a survey for us we may process the information you choose to submit in response;
- to deal with enquiries, complaints and feedback from you and our suppliers;
- for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our Site secure;
- to notify you of changes to the Site or the services we provide through it; and
6. Disclosure of your personal data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- to selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations, for example our IT suppliers (who provide us with IT support), Your Membership (our Community platform), HowtoMoodle (our Learner management platform), Wufoo (for event and course applications), Mailchimp (email marketing), Reading Room (our digital agency), SugarCRM (CRM supplier), MSOffice (for inbound email queries) and Snap Surveys (for any surveys).
- to law enforcement or regulatory agencies if we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to do so;
- to an acquirer if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired; and
- to other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SafeLives, our Site users, suppliers, contractors or others.
7. Where we store your personal data
The personal data that you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or log-in which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our Site, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep these details secret. Do not share your password or log-in details with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks can never be completely secure. We will take measures to your data against unauthorised/unlawful access or loss, destruction or damage but we cannot wholly guarantee its security.
9. Marketing Emails
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal data to any third party for marketing purposes - No. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise that right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or Suite 2a, Whitefriars, Lewins Mead, Bristol BS1 2NT.
10. Access to your personal data
The General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 give you the right to access information we hold about you, and we are obliged to respond to such requests within one month. We may need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to you. You can ask us to update or delete the personal data we hold about you at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Suite 2a, Whitefriars, Lewins Mead, Bristol BS1 2NT.