Training for Marac chairs
The role of the chair is central to the efficiency and effectiveness of a Marac. This one day course is designed for those who hold the position of Marac chair or deputy chair. It’ll equip you with the essential skills needed to:
- Implement and sustain an effective Marac, ensuring that all appropriate agencies are engaged, that they are identifying high-risk victims and producing robust action plans
- Reflect on local circumstances influencing your Marac and address these with the assistance of SafeLives
- Increase the support available to high-risk victims
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand and apply the 10 principles of an effective Marac
- Understand the Marac review process in order to improve the effectiveness of the Marac and drive improvement
- Understand the Marac ‘peer review’ process
- Build transferable skills and apply them to other areas of public protection, such as Mappa and child protection
The cost to join our advertised courses is £150 per learner.
To find out the cost of running this course in-house at your chosen venue tell us about your training requirements and one of our training team will be in touch.
Dates and locations
Birmingham, 30th March (Please note that this course is now full. Keep an eye on this page for future dates)
How to apply
Visit Apply for Marac training and complete the application form.