Responding to victims of sexual violence
Responding to victims of sexual violence has been developed in conjunction with Ynys Saff Sexual Assault Referral Centre, Cardiff.
Evidence gained through the SafeLives Insights service suggests that many practitioners lack the confidence needed to ask their clients about sexual violence; the course has been designed to build your skills, knowledge and confidence, improve your professional response and make victims of sexual violence safer.
In addition, if you are a SafeLives-trained Idva, completion of this course will also enable you to practice as an Isva.
How can this training help you?
Topics that will be addressed as part of the specialist training will include:
- practical and reflective learning and content
- professional training delivered by Roxanne Hammonds (manager of Ynys Saff, Cardiff Sarc)
- guest speakers include Zoe Lodrick, a sexual trauma specialist and a police trainer
- opportunities to connect and share best practice with other professionals
- free practitioner resources
- the opportunity to qualify as an Isva, if you are already a SafeLives-trained Idva.
Foundation level - For learners who are new to SafeLives training
Complete the Isva foundation level training and receive the Certificate in Domestic Abuse OCNLR Level 3. The first eight days of all of our foundation courses cover what we consider the core essentials for anyone working with victims of domestic abuse. The final four days focus on a specialist subject - in this case, sexual violence.
Dates and locations
To be announced
Price for Responding to victims of sexual violence training foundation level
- Reduced fee - £1950
- Full fee - £2,400
* For registered charities with an annual income of less than £1m. There are a very limited amount of reduced fee spaces and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Register your interest today and you will also be amongst the first to know when applications open. We aim to hold training in areas where we know there is demand, so please, do tell us whereabouts you are.
- Applications not yet open
Expert level - for learners who have completed a 12 day course with us before
Our expert level courses are designed for learners who have already attended foundation training in one subject and want to top up their knowledge by attending a shorter (four day) course in a new field. Complete two expert-level training courses and qualify for the diploma Domestic abuse: prevention and early intervention.
Dates and locations
- Cardiff - starting 19 September
Price for Expert level
- Reduced fee - £550*
- Full fee - £795
* For registered charities with an annual income of less than £1m. There are a very limited amount of reduced fee spaces at £1,950 and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.