Responding to young people affected by domestic abuse
Improve the response in your local area to young people who are experiencing domestic abuse.
Our young people's practitioner training will increase your understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse and how it is different for young people. It will encourage you to consider how adolescence impacts on a young person's behaviour, the key risk factors for serious harm, and how to safety plan in a multi-agency context, including the role of Multi agency risk assessment conferences (Marac) and children's services.
How can this training help learners?
...high quality, relevant training with excellent facilitators
Course feedback, 2015
As part of the specialist training focussing on young people and abuse, this course will look at the following topics:
- Gangs and relationship abuse
- Young people and intimate partner violence in the digital age
- Young people affected by 'honour'-based violence and forced marriage
- Identifying and responding to child sexual exploitation.
- What is adolescence? How does adolescence impact on a young person's behaviour? What are the implications of this for practice?
- Safety planning with young people in a multi-agency context
Foundation level - For learners who are new to SafeLives training
Complete the Young People’s Practitioner foundation level training and receive the Certificate in Domestic Abuse OCNLR Level 3. The first eight days of all of our foundation courses cover what we consider the core essentials for anyone working with victims of domestic abuse. The final four days focus on a specialist subject - in this case, young people.
Dates and locations
- London - Starting 28 November - NEW
Price for Young People’s Practitioner training foundation level
- Reduced fee - £1,950 *
- Full fee - £2,400
* For registered charities with an annual income of less than £1m. There are a very limited amount of reduced fee spaces and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Expert level - for learners who have completed a 12 day course with us before
Our expert level courses are designed for learners who have already attended foundation training in one subject and want to top up their knowledge by attending a shorter (four day) course in a new field. Complete two expert-level training courses and qualify for the diploma Domestic abuse: prevention and early intervention.
Dates and locations
- Bristol - starting 26 September
Price for Young People’s Practitioner Expert level - 8 places at just £50
We are thrilled to be able to offer 8 places priced at just £50! These super reduced prices are all down to the time, effort and dedication of two very inspirational SafeLives supporters, Skye Binning and Cosmo Barran. Read Skye Binning's Boxing Challenge to find out how she did it.
As a result of our efforts to help smaller services find budget for training we are also offering an additional 7 places at just £300.
- Super reduced fee - £50* Usual price £550
- Reduced fee - £300* Usual price £550
- Full fee - £795
* For registered charities with an annual income of less than £1m. There are a very limited amount of reduced fee spaces at £1,950 and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.