Our vision and values
We want to end domestic abuse, for good. In order to make every family safe, we need to listen to survivors, be guided by the evidence of what works, and make domestic abuse everybody’s business.
Evidence from survivors, services and statistics tells us that we need:
- The right resources at the right time to make individuals and families safe, sooner.
- To understand the whole picture for an individual and family, to give an effective response.
- To stop asking "Why doesn't she leave?" and start asking "Why doesn't he stop?"
Every day our staff work to reflect our values. These values express our way of working that is guided by the evidence, practical and independent, and puts family safety at the heart of everything we do.
- We are human: We put the safety and voice of individuals and families at the heart of everything we do. We are warm and practical and we work in partnership with others.
- We are rigorous: We start from the evidence of what works to keep families safe. We listen to services, survivors and data and have an independent perspective.
- We are courageous: We try new approaches and we find new solutions. We share our successes and learn from our mistakes.